Author: Ryan Petersen
I recently began managing a bike store that sells Specialized and I can honestly say that I’ve been “wowed” by their extensive product line. From their BG Fit products and schooling to their stunning bikes, Specialized is a brand worth recognizing.
For the past few weeks I have been testing the 2011 Specialized Roubaix Expert endurance road bike and I’m so exciting to fill you in on all of my findings.
However, for now I thought it a great opportunity for you all to meet the women behind Specialized, ambassadors and employees who are shaping and reshaping the women’s cycing movement.
Meet Anne Barensfeld:
- Hometown or current residence:Morgan Hill, CA (current); Ellwood City, PA (hometown)
- What do you do at SBC?: Intern, SBCU
- How long have you been with SBC?:2 months!
- Riding Discipline(s): Primarily road racing these days but CX and MTB too. Looking forward to getting on the track for the first time this summer. Riding to work.
- Bike(s) owned:S-WORKS Amira, S-Works Tarmac SL3, and a few others in the stable
- Number of years riding: Not sure. I have been mountain biking on and off since I was a little kid, but got into road riding in college. I’ve been training and racing CX/road seriously for about 3 years now.
- What’s your favorite Specialized product?:S-Works road shoes, or my old red Air Tool Comp floor pump.
- Who do you ride with?My team (Missing Link Coaching Systems-Specialized), friends, family, coworkers!
- Favorite Riding Story: ) I’m no storyteller, but I’ll use this soapbox to tell everyone how sweet the mountain biking at the Kingdom Trails in Vermont is. I spent a day up there this past summer with a friend and it might have been my favorite day on the bike, ever. Camp-out in the lean-to, breakfast and a campfire, ride the trails ‘til you drop (Webs, Kitchel, J-Bar, Tap and Die, Dead Moose Alley, Pastore Point…), burrito in Lyndonville, head home to Boston!
- Any special talent or anything else you’d like to share with us: I quit a job in business consulting to work in a bike shop several years ago. Definitely the right decision!